As a Heating, Air Conditioning Contractor and HERS rater Jim Fleming Consultant has joined a nationwide effort to help the environment through participation in the Energy Star program. This voluntary partnership sponsored by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) helps home buyers, businesses, and other organizations save money and reduce air pollution by upgrading their homes to use energy more efficiently.
The Energy Commission adopted the 2008 changes to the Building Energy Efficiency Standards for a number of compelling reasons:
- To provide California with an adequate, reasonably-priced, and environmentally-sound supply of energy.
- To respond to Assembly Bill 32, the Global Warming Solutions Act of 2006, which mandates that California must reduce its greenhouse gas emissions to 1990 levels by 2020.
- To pursue California energy policy that energy efficiency is the resource of first choice for meeting California's energy needs.
- To act on the findings of California's Integrated Energy Policy Report (IEPR) that Standards are the most cost effective means to achieve energy efficiency, expects the Building Energy Efficiency Standards to continue to be upgraded over time to reduce electricity and peak demand, and recognizes the role of the Standards in reducing energy related to meeting California's water needs and in reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
- To meet the West Coast Governors' Global Warming Initiative commitment to include aggressive energy efficiency measures into updates of state building codes.
- To meet the Executive Order in the Green Building Initiative to improve the energy efficiency of nonresidential buildings through aggressive standards.
Jim Fleming Consultant
530.308.7959 Fax 530.583.4187
Certified HERS rater cc2004537